Open Studio Tour Mini Grants
Support for artist collectives interested in organizing their own neighborhood studio tour.
The Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona recognizes the impact the Open Studio Tour has had on artists, arts patrons, and the spirit of local community. To this end, the Arts Foundation now offers the Open Studio Tour grant, a Community Cultural Development Mini-Grant designed to support artist collectives (ten or more artists) interested in organizing and facilitating tours in their communities.
$1,000. No partial awards given.
September 19, 2016-June 5, 2017. Rolling application. A collective can receive funding only ONCE during this time period.
A “collective” is here defined as a group of artists organized to facilitate an Open Studio Tour in a particular facility, neighborhood, or geographic region. The collective must be comprised of a minimum of ten (10) participants and must designate one individual as primary contact.
Tours may be scheduled for one day or can span a series of days or weekends.
Grant monies must be applied to one or more of the following:
- Paid advertising in print or other TV, radio, or digital media outlets.
- Printing of signage, maps, and guides.
- Developing a website or other online resources to promote the tour.
Awarded collectives must credit The Arts Foundation by either downloading our new logo from our website and/or using the following phrase: “Outreach supported in part by a Community Cultural Development Mini-Grant from the Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona.”
Please click here to view The Arts Foundation’s logo guidelines.
>>USE OF PAST TPAC OPEN STUDIO TOUR SIGNAGE IS PROHIBITED<<
The primary contact must file a final report that will include a brief summary of how they used the funds, 1-2 images from their event, uploaded copies of all receipts and/or vendor invoices, and an invoice for the final $250. Reports are due within one month of the completion of the event.
Approved applicants will be notified of funding within 21 business days of receipt of application. If awarded, $750 will be paid up front and the remaining $250 upon receipt of final documentation. Lead contact is responsible for all communication with the Arts Foundation in regard to any changes or amendments to original application and submission of final report and copies of receipts.
- The Arts Foundation will advertise and promote a collective’s open studio tour in all Arts Foundation generated communications and on all Arts Foundation social media platforms.
- The Arts Foundation is not responsible for purchasing paid advertising or promotion for a collective’s open studio tour, or securing any advertising or promotion for a collective.
- The Arts Foundation will not produce any maps, signage, printed materials or website design for a collective’s open studio tour.
Sign up for notifications about future grants & opportunities
Grantees Funded In: