Community Cultural Development Mini-Grants.
Click the following link to see the stART Grant Awardees FY2016-2017.
stART Grant Guidelines
- Application Opens: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
- stART Workshop: Friday, November 17, 2017
- Application Deadline: Friday, December 1, 2017 (11:50 p.m.)
Award amount: $300.
The Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona’s stART Community Cultural Development Grant provides support to encourage neighborhood and/or project-based art endeavors focused on problem solving. Now in its second year, stART explores what impact these small infusions of funds can have on a community.
This funding is meant to help initiate or complete small projects that impact a local neighborhood or community. For example, funds may be used for paint to complete a mural, pay local artists to teach a free workshop in their neighborhood, or help cover material costs.
Focus of funding
This funding is meant to help complete projects, or initiate small projects that impact a local neighborhood or community. For example, funds may be used for paint to complete a mural, pay local artists to teach a free workshop in their neighborhood, or help cover material costs to complete a residency in a local school.
- Individuals, small groups or organizations with 501c3 status that have not received funding from the Arts Foundation or the Tucson Pima Arts Council in the last two grant cycles or this current year may apply. Priority is given to small group efforts rather than large, established organizations.
- Applicants must be have been based in Southern Arizona for at least 1 year before applying.
- Projects must take place within the Southern Arizona area.
- Projects may already be in process, but must be completed by April 20, 2018.
- Funds may be used for marketing, supplies, or for artist or project coordinator fees, or honorarium for community partners directly involved in the project.
- Funds may not be used for fiscal sponsor administration costs, or University Facilities and Administrative (F&A) costs, or other “overhead.”
- Final Reports are due April 30, 2018. Awardees must complete this report on time to be considered for future funding from The Arts Foundation.
- Contact The Arts Foundation and receive permission to make significant changes (e.g., change of project location or project focus). Failure to do so requires awardees to forfeit the award and renders the awardee ineligible for future funding from The Arts Foundation.
- Awardees must credit The Arts Foundation in all electronic, printed, and broadcast material related to the project. Use The Arts Foundation logo, or the phrase “Made possible in part by The Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona stART Cultural Development Grant,” in all marketing for the event.
For questions please contact Natalia Gabrielsen, Grants Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Grantees Funded In: