Your philanthropic support of Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona is an investment in our rich cultural community. Make a gift to the arts and watch your investment grow.
How your support counts
When you give to the The Arts Foundation, you support:
- Re-granting monies for grants to artists and arts organizations
- Pima County Youth Arts Awards
- Professional development workshops
- The Lumies
- The development of Public Art
- Arts advocacy efforts at the local, regional, state and national levels
- Our day-to-day operations
“What is the relationship between your love of the arts, and your power to help determine what [work] gets time to develop? How does both your love and your power determine the metrics of our public imagination?”
— Claudia Rankine, 2015 Grantmakers for the Arts Keynote
Ways you can give
We welcome gifts of any amount. Arts Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit agency. Contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.
Board of directors
The board of directors is comprised of individuals, artists, and business and community leaders who share a vision for a fully funded, robust support mechanism for the arts in Southern Arizona. They set policy and procedures for Arts Foundation; they define the vision for the work of The Arts Foundation in the community.
Board and community committees
- Advocacy: Leads and participates in local and national conversations about the art’s importance to Southern Arizona’s culture, economic development, growth, and quality of life
- Fund Development: Identifies revenue streams for Arts Foundation
- Governance: Manages bylaws for the board and determines guiding policies for the organization
- Grants: Creates granting guidelines, reviews grant applications, and makes recommends to the full board regarding applicant funding
- Marketing and Communication: Oversees and develops an active communications strategy.
- Public Art and Design: Oversees the production and installation of artwork in city and county facilities
“Once you taste the proud feeling of showing what you feel in a very creative way, it is impossible to not get another bite.”
— Martin Macias, Finding Voice Student
Consider signing up for an internship with The Arts Foundation and discover all the ways arts are infused in your community. Internships can be by semester, year, or multi-year based, and can be tailored to fit a variety of interests and schedules. For more information, Contact Us and introduce yourself!