Bilingual Marketing Manager
Position Title: Bilingual Marketing Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Announcement Date: 4/6/18, open until filled
Status: Full-time, exempt
The Arts Foundation is a 501(c)3 funding agency, designed to advance artistic expression, civic participation, and equitable economic growth of our diverse community by supporting, promoting, and advocating for arts and culture in our region. Learn more at artsfoundtucson.org.
The Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona (Arts Foundation) Bilingual Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive marketing, communications and branding strategies to build Arts Foundation’s visibility, increase constituent engagement and maximize community engagement. Reporting directly to and working closely with the executive director, and collaborating with other Arts Foundation staff members, the Marketing Manager is responsible for a broad spectrum of Arts Foundation’s external communications to advance the organization’s mission, including, but not limited to: developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies to support grassroots community outreach, Spanish and English marketing (online and print), media and public relations in consultation with a press relations contractor, brand management, community and donor communications, and social media. The Bilingual Marketing Manager manages a variety of communications vehicles and develops and manages metrics to track the effectiveness of communications and marketing activities.
The successful candidate will be a fluent Spanish and English speaker who is a superior communicator, self-motivated, and have the ability to thrive in a deadline-driven, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have strong expertise in cross-platform content development, and a good understanding of the evolving media landscape. The successful candidate will demonstrate a connection be knowledgeable in emerging social media trends. The Bilingual Marketing Manager position is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the power of the arts to activate the community and build stronger, more interconnected, and healthier arts environment for Tucson and Pima County. Arts Foundation offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment, with opportunities for professional development.
- Write, edit, and distribute content for online communications and other collateral materials, including, but not limited to: website, marketing brochures, flyers, eblasts, enewsletters, advertisements, and donor communications. Translate and customize materials for Spanish speaking audience as necessary.
- Design and produce online and print communications; manage external graphic designers and other contractors on occasion as needed, including marketing-related vendors such as website consultants, printers, photographers or videographers, etc.
- In collaboration with the staff and board or board committees, develop and implement marketing and communications campaigns that will elevate Arts Foundation’s visibility and increase attendance at events, increase grant or sponsorship applicants – especially among under-served and diverse communities, and increase applications to public art calls for qualifications.
- Manage dynamic website; integrate written, multimedia and interactive content, implement ongoing updates, and ensure new content and consistent information is regularly posted. Develop Spanish version of website.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy in collaboration with the staff and in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan to increase community engagement, overall visibility, and follower growth to better serve our diverse community.
- In collaboration with the staff, create and implement communications and marketing efforts to support grassroots outreach activities throughout the Arts Foundation’s service region, including distribution of myriad calls for proposals.
- Collaborate with the staff and community to effectively tell the stories that demonstrate the significance and impact of Arts Foundation, via web, photography and video.
- Serve as a spokesperson for Arts Foundation as needed.
- With Executive Director, staff, and board, develop and implement strategy for events and activities that help advance the Arts Foundation mission and elevate visibility for Arts Foundation, including fundraising and community events.
- Serve as brand steward to ensure all communications and marketing efforts maintain brand integrity and messaging consistent with the Arts Foundation mission.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, staff and public relations consultant, create messaging and talking points for interviews and public speaking to ensure Arts Foundation message consistency, brand integrity, and quality of presentation during interviews.
- Develop and track metrics to assess the effectiveness of communications and marketing activities, including email marketing, media partnerships, and sponsorships; website, e-newsletters, and social media posts; provide regular reports to the staff.
- Develop and work with a PR consultant to execute media relations strategies in English and Spanish to share Arts Foundation’s story—including its impact in the community and grants, sponsorship, public art and event plans—with the supporting and building the creative community that represents the diversity of our region while maintaining public excitement and high visibility year-round.
- Facilitate effective PR campaigns and proactively seek media attention for Arts Foundation endeavors in English and Spanish press, as measured by media placements and audience impressions; write press releases and manage media relations in consultation with the PR consultant.
- Support the PR consultant in Identifying, negotiating, and managing existing and new media partnerships and trades, including radio, broadcast, and online publications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and assist with special projects and initiatives as directed.
- Fluent Bilingual Spanish and English required
- Must have at least intermediate level coding experience, preferably experience with WordPress
- Experience with Slack, Trello preferred, experience with Salesforce or other, similar CRM with email marketing integration as well as Hootsuite strongly preferred
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible communications experience, ideally moving toward an entry-level managerial role, in marketing, social media, and/or web content management or related fields
- Experience with Google Analytics and some strategy development in relation to various analytics tools for marketing
- Proven ability to translate broad communications strategies and objectives into specific, measurable results
- Proven record of successfully developing and executing communications strategies to increase event attendance, organization visibility, and audience engagement
- Superior writing skills in both English and Spanish with exceptional ability to create exciting, clear, and persuasive messages
- Strong communicator with great presentation skills and ability to speak effectively to a variety of audiences through a variety of media
- Experience managing and building contact lists
- Excellent working knowledge of processes as they relate to web production, and website management
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting competing deadlines and maintaining high attention to detail
- Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and self-motivated
- Commitment to the Arts Foundation mission of building and supporting community through the arts
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends, as well as events, as needed (this doesn’t happen often, but it does happen sometimes)
- Bachelor’s degree or equal experience strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license and current insurance required
- A sense of humor will help any candidate in this role and on our team
Please send your resume, cover letter, two of your best writing samples or social media campaigns, and three references including two direct supervisors to email@example.com, with Bilingual Marketing Manager in the subject line. Compensation commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including health insurance and 401k.Back To Index