Eight students awarded Pima County Youth Arts Scholarships!
A total of $17,120 awarded by the Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona.
Eight students were each awarded $2,140 from the Pima County Youth Arts Scholarship (PCYAS). The PCYAS is an opportunity for students to earn a scholarship toward enrollment at Pima Community College or Tohono O’odham Community College. The Youth Arts Scholarship is designed to identify and reward high school seniors within Pima County who demonstrate excellence in dance, music, theater, visual arts, media arts, or literary arts.
This year’s student awardees are:
- Andrea Lopez, City High School, Visual Arts
- Lesay Lopez , Project MORE High School, Visual Arts
- Colter Pauley, City High School, Visual Arts
- Emmanuelle Alvarez Romo, Sunnyside High School, Music
- Olivia Rosenberg , Sky Islands High School, Visual Arts
- Miette Stewart, Tucson Magnet High School, Film/Video
- Carlos Sanchez, Sunnyside High School, Visual Arts
- Sofia Urcadez, Desert View High School, Poetry
In addition to support provided by the City of Tucson and Pima County, this year’s PCYAS awards were more than doubled due to a $10,000 donation from local artist Janey Katz, and $1,120 in individual contributions.
Back To Index