Cyclovia gives people from the greater Tucson region the chance to enjoy great weather, see neighbors, friends and people from throughout the area, and get a little exercise – all on city streets that will be closed to car traffic and open to walkers, joggers, cyclists, skaters and all other forms of people-powered movement.
Why have a Cyclovia in Tucson? Because Tucson has a lot of streets and it’s not everyday that you can be in them car-free and care-free. Take your whole family out for this great opportunity to explore and experience Tucson’s roads without the presence of cars.
Motor vehicles are detoured from the route allowing everyone the freedom to enjoy “open streets” safely and comfortably. Cyclovia isn’t a race, parade or competition. Instead, it’s a chance to enjoy Tucson from a new perspective (outside of the car). Walk your dog, roller skate, blow bubbles. Have fun because during Cyclovia, the streets are yours!
The Arts Foundation will be hosting a contest for the best Art Bike! The prize will be:
- 1 Tucson Museum of Art, 1-year Individual Membership
- 1 Museum of Contemporary Art, 1 -year SOLO Membership
- 2 Live Theatre Workshop tickets
- $50 gift certificate to the Loft
- $50 gift certificate to the Rialto
- One-Year Family Membership to the Sonoran Glass School
To enter the contest:
- Decorate your bike on your own OR at our table, in front of the Historic Y (marked on the map here by the ✳️ symbol)
- Post a photo of your bike on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook
- Tag us @artsfoundtucson AND hashtag #AFOTBikeContest
The first 100 people to come by our booth will receive an Arts Foundation water bottle!