Public Art Assistant Manager
Open until Filled
Job Title: Public Art Assistant Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Full Time
Salary Range: $19.00 to $21.00 per hour, based on experience, with benefits
Close Date: December 10, 2020
The Assistant Manager will work closely with the Public Art Manager to administer all public art program functions and activities, including new and active percent for art projects, relocations, deaccessions, donations and private sector projects.
The Assistant Manager will:
- Manage up to 4 public art projects. Coordinate and facilitate selection and approval processes. (40%)
- Manage the Summer Youth Public Art Program. (30%)
- Coordinate Public Art and Community Design Committee (PACD) meetings. (20%)
- Maintain and manage the Arts Foundation’s public art database and archives. (10%)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Under direction of supervisor):
- Provides project management of public art projects as mandated by the City of Tucson and Pima County Administrative Directives.
- Builds support and consensus as applicable with project teams in all phases of assigned project management: artist selection, design, risk management review, maintenance review, fabrication/ construction, installation, and completion.
- Coordinates and facilitates artist selection processes and related committees.
- Consults on contracts and support contract fulfillment.
- Works closely with artists for delivering projects within established timelines and under the guidelines of the established contracts.
- Coordinates monthly meetings and processes for Public Art and Community Design Committee in compliance with Boards and Commissions open meeting law, minutes, agenda, and Legal Action Reports.
- Facilitates collaborations and working relationships with multiple stakeholders, including artists, architects, designers, technical professionals, City and County staff members, construction teams, developers, members of the community and others.
- Collaborates on strategic planning for long-range vision of the public art program.
- Performs other duties as required.