New Works Artist Project Grant (Closed)
Support provided to individual artists that allows them to pursue creative projects or see their work in new light.
New Works Artist Project Grant
Para la versión en español de esta página web, haga clic aquí.
Important dates for the New Works grant for FY 2019-2020 (in the fields of Performing Arts, Music/Sound, and Emerging Fields):
- Application opens: Friday, February 8, 2019
- Workshop and information session date: Monday, February 25, 2019 from 4:30pm-5:30pm at Connect Coworking (33 S. 5th Ave. Tucson, AZ 85701)
- Application deadline: Monday, April 8, 2019 (11:59pm)
- Notifications sent: Friday, May 31, 2019
The New Works Artist Project Grant seeks to support the depth and breadth of innovative new art work created and produced in the City of Tucson and Pima County. It supports individual artists’ projects that meet the highest standards of excellence across a diverse spectrum of artistic disciplines. Creation activities must include the development and production of new art work and take an original and imaginative approach to content and form.
Up to five awards of $4,000 will be granted to selected projects. Eighty percent (80%) of the full award, $3,200, will be granted at the beginning of the grant period (June 2019), and twenty percent (20%) of the full award, $800, will be provided at the end of the grant period upon fulfillment of the award terms (June 2020).
This cycle, applications will be open to the fields of Performing Arts, Music/Sound, and Emerging Fields. If you consider your work to be “interdisciplinary,” you must be ready to describe how it relates to one or more of these fields.
Emerging Fields can be defined as artworks created with new media technologies including – but not limited to – digital, virtual, internet, or interactive art.
Disciplines alternate each year, and support for the fields of Visual Arts, Film/Video/Moving Image, and Literature will be available in FY 2020-2021.
Dates and Deadlines
- Application Open: Friday, February 8, 2019
- Workshop and Information Session: Monday, February 25, 2019 from 4:30pm-5:30pm at Connect Coworking (33 S. 5th Ave. Tucson, AZ 85701)
- Application Deadline: Monday, April 8, 2019 (11:59 pm)
Applicants will receive notifications of funding decisions by Friday, May 31, 2019 and funds will be allocated for recipients’ use no sooner than June 28, 2019.
Please view the New Works Artist Project Grant 2019-2020 Guidelines in the right-hand sidebar for complete information about applying. Click here for examples of the grant application video proposal.
The Arts Foundation staff is happy to answer any questions you might have about the process or content of your scholarship application. Please contact Natalia Gabrielsen, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or (520) 460-4505.
New Works Artist Project Grant - 2019/2020 GuidelinesPDF
New Works Artist Project Grant - 2019/2020 Sample Budget SheetFile
New Works Artist Project Grant - 2019/2020 Workshop PowerPointPDF
Sign up for notifications about future grants & opportunities
Grantees Funded In: 2018-2019
- New Local Music for Bassoon Quartet
- We Robot
- Breathing life into Tucson’s art
- Place and Identity in the Borderlands
- ANNIA JEKKA
- Santa Cruz Sounding
- Sanoura: Cuts on Tucson
- Reflection: Motherhood and the Performing Arts
- My Mother Revelation