New Works Artist Project Grant
Support provided to individual artists that allows them to pursue creative projects or see their work in new light.
New Works Artist Project Grant
Visual Arts, Literary Arts, Video/Film/Moving Image
Important dates for the New Works grant for FY 2020-2021 (in the fields of Visual Arts, Literary Arts, Video/Film/Moving Image)
- Application opens: Friday, February 3, 2020 (12:00am)
- Workshop and information session date: Monday, February 24, 2020
- Application deadline: Monday, April 6, 2020 (11:59pm)
- Notifications sent: Friday, May 29, 2020
The New Works Artist Project Grant seeks to support the depth and breadth of innovative new artwork created and produced in the City of Tucson and Pima County. It supports individual artists’ projects that meet the highest standards of excellence across a diverse spectrum of artistic disciplines. Creation activities must include the production of new artwork with an original and imaginative approach to content and form, as well as a public sharing, premiere, or presentation of the final piece.
Up to five awards of $4,000 will be granted to selected projects. Eighty percent of the full award, $3,200, will be granted at the beginning of the grant period (June 2020), and twenty percent of the full award, $800, will be provided at the end of the grant period upon fulfillment of the award terms (June 2021).
This cycle, applications will be open to the fields of Visual Arts, Literary Arts, and Video/Film/Moving Image. If you consider your work to be interdisciplinary, you must be ready to describe how it relates to one or more of these fields.
Disciplines alternate each year, and support for the fields of Performing Arts, Music/Sound, and Emerging Fields will be available in FY 2021-2022.
Dates and Deadlines
- Application Open: Monday, February 3, 2020
- Workshop and Information Session: Monday, February 24, 2020
- Annual Showcase: Thursday, March 12, 2020
- Application Deadline: Monday, April 6, 2020 (11:59 pm)
Workshops will be held at Historic Brings Coworking, 236 S. Scott Ave., in the second-floor conference room from 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm on Monday, February 24 and Monday, March 16. A digital recording of the presentation will be available on the website for those who are not able to attend.
The Annual Showcase for the New Works 2019-2020 Grantees will take place on Thursday, March 12 from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm at Historic Brings Coworking, 236 S. Scott Ave. Attend to see works-in-progress of projects funded during the last New Works cycle (Performing Arts, Music/Sound, Emerging Fields).
Late applications cannot be accepted. Applicants will receive notifications of funding decisions by Friday, May 29 and funds will be allocated for recipients’ use by Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
Please view the New Works Artist Project Grant 2020/2021 Guidelines in the right-hand sidebar for complete information about applying.
For an example of the budget sheet, please view the 2020/2021 Sample Budget Sheet in the right-hand sidebar.
Click here for examples of the grant application video proposal.
- If you encounter any problems with the online application platform, please reach out to the Submittable team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (855) 467-8264.
- If you have questions about the application process or content of your proposal, please contact Natalia Gabrielsen, Grants and Services Manager, at email@example.com or (520) 624-0595.
Due April 6, 2020
New Works Artist Project Grant - 2020/2021 GuidelinesPDF
New Works Artist Project Grant - 2020/2021 Sample Budget SheetFile
Sign up for notifications about future grants & opportunities
Grantees Funded In: 2018-2019
- New Local Music for Bassoon Quartet
- We Robot
- Breathing life into Tucson’s art
- Place and Identity in the Borderlands
- ANNIA JEKKA
- Santa Cruz Sounding
- Sanoura: Cuts on Tucson
- Reflection: Motherhood and the Performing Arts
- My Mother Revelation