Pima County Youth Arts Scholarship
Acknowledging the next generation of artists in Pima County.
Pima County Youth Arts Scholarship (PCYAS)
Para la versión en español de esta página web, haga clic aquí.
- Application opens: December 3, 2019
- Application deadline: March 2, 2020 (11:59pm)
- Panel review and notifications: March 30, 2020
The Pima County Youth Arts Scholarship is an opportunity to earn a $1,000 scholarship toward enrollment at Pima Community College or Tohono O’odham Community College. The Youth Arts Scholarship is designed to identify and reward high school seniors within Pima County who demonstrate excellence in dance, music, theater, visual arts, media arts, or literary arts.
The application deadline is Monday, March 2, 2020 at 11:59 pm. Late applications cannot be accepted. Students will be notified of the status of their application by Monday, March 30, 2020. Funds will be made available to the community college for students’ use at the beginning of the Fall 2020 semester.
If you have any questions, please contact Natalia Gabrielsen, Grants and Services Manager, at email@example.com or (520) 460-4505.
Who is eligible?
At the time the application is submitted, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Enrolled as a senior at a high school within Pima County, and graduating with the class of 2020
- Must be planning to attend Pima Community College or Tohono O’odham Community College in the Fall of 2020
- A resident of Pima County
- Resident status: Applicants do not need to show proof of residency to apply for this scholarship, but you will need to follow the college’s Residency Requirements in order to enroll.
How are awards decided?
A panel of arts professionals will review, deliberate, and score the materials submitted by each applicant. Materials will be assessed based on completeness, clarity, and promise for artistic growth.
Complete the Pima County Youth Arts Scholarship – PCYAS 2020-2021 application form online here: https://artsfoundtucson.submittable.com/submit/150998/pima-county-youth-arts-scholarship-pcyas-2020-2021
Please upload the following materials onto the online submission form:
- Submit the work samples appropriate to your artistic discipline and a corresponding description sheet
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation
- One of the recommendation letters should be addressed from a fine arts teacher or mentor (creative writing, music, dance, drama, etc.)
- The second recommendation letter can be addressed from a non-fine arts teacher or mentor
- Include a personal statement, with a maximum of 300 words.
- In the first paragraph, please give a brief artist statement that includes details about your art form, your training in the arts and what you are inspired by.
- In the second paragraph, please describe your educational goals and long-term aspirations.
- In the third paragraph, please tell us why you are applying for this scholarship opportunity.
Please be sure to submit your application as soon as you can. We cannot accept late applications.
For more information about work sample guidelines and description sheet guidelines, please download the Guidelines PDF in the sidebar.
AFTSA staff is happy to answer any questions you might have about the process or content of your scholarship application. Please contact Natalia Gabrielsen, Grants and Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 460-4505.
Grantees Funded In: 2017-2018