Supporting arts-related events which are free and open to the public, and serve the residents of Southern Arizona.
** CURRENTLY CLOSED**
Deadline and Calendar
- Application Period: Monday, September 3, 2018 for events between the dates of January 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019
- Application Period Closes: Friday, October 12, 2018
- Award Notification Received: Friday, November 16, 2018
- Award Funds Issued: Monday, January 7, 2019
The Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona requests applications to its Event Sponsorship Program from nonprofit, 501c3 organizations. This opportunity will provide funds to support arts-related events which are free and open to the public and serve the residents of Southern Arizona. This sponsorship opportunity will provide partial funding in the form of small awards to organizations for arts-related activities.
Sponsorship funds are available two times per year – once in spring for events taking place from July through December, and once in the fall for events taking place between January and June. The award should be used for one-time, arts-related events or a series, such as an art program, exhibition, performance, or festival.
For this round, awards between $500 and $1,000 will be made for upcoming events taking place from January 1 to June 30, 2019. The Fall Sponsorship application period will open in April 2019, and additional awards will be made for events from July 1 to December 31, 2019. This award is planned based on expected contracts between the Arts Foundation with both Pima County and City of Tucson, and all funding is contingent upon the successful execution of the contract.
Please Note: Organizations will only be eligible to receive one sponsorship per fiscal year. If you are awarded a sponsorship for the Fall 2018 cycle, you will be ineligible for funding during the Spring 2019 cycle.
- Not-for-profit organizations, institutions or associations based in Cochise, Santa Cruz, Pima, and Yuma Counties that serve Southern Arizona residents may apply. The applicant need not be an arts organization, though the proposed event must be arts-related and must include payment to artists as part of the event expenses.
- Individual schools and parent/teacher organizations are not eligible for direct funding, however, school districts may seek funding for arts related projects that will benefit the community.
- Individuals are not eligible for direct funding. Artist’s fees, however, should be included in projects for which sponsorship is requested. Individual artists seeking funding for projects that will benefit the community should approach local not-for-profit organizations willing to sponsor the project and apply for funding.
Photo credit: Azhar Jamal, Poetry Mailbox Dedication in the Broadmoor-Broadway Village neighborhood
Due October 12, 2018
Sign up for notifications about future grants & opportunities