stART Grant (Closed)
Community Impact and Artist Resource Mini-Grants
stART Grant Guidelines
** CURRENTLY CLOSED**
Deadlines for FY 2018-2019:
- Application Opens: July 16, 2018
- stART Workshop: July 30, 2018
- Application Deadline: August 23, 2018
Award amount: $500-$1,000.
Please download the grant guidelines in the right-hand sidebar for full details.
The Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona’s stART Mini-Grants provide awards of $500 – $1,000 through two alternate tracks of support:
- The Community Impact track provides financial support to individuals, groups or organizations for projects that will positively impact a community through an artistic endeavor.
- The Artist Resource track provides financial support to artists for whom a specific, practice-related capital resource will make an impact on their artistic practice.
We want to make this grant as easy as possible to apply for and so are inviting applicants to submit an application to the stART Mini-Grant 2018-2019 in the form of a simple video.
Focus of funding
Arts Foundation funding can be used for:
- Projects that will strengthen cultural participation within a defined community.
- Artist resources could be used for capital (material) purchases, space rental, or any other specific resource need that will further an artist’s project or practice.
- Organizations (or individuals/groups) based in Pima County for at least one year are eligible to apply for the Community Impact track.
- Individual artists based in Pima County for at least one year are eligible to apply for the Artist Resource track.
- In order to ensure broad distribution of the Arts Foundation’s grant funds, organizations that received a General Operating Support Grant within the last two fiscal years (July 2016 – June 2018) or artists who received the New Works Artist Project Grant within the last fiscal year (July 2017 – June 2018) are ineligible to apply.
- Political and religious organizations, or agencies/divisions of local, county, state, and federal government are ineligible to apply.
Grants cannot be used toward tuition costs/class fees, debt retirement, the purchase of real property, or establishing/augmenting an endowment fund.
In the application, provide the amount you are requesting for your project.
Please note: Amount awarded may differ from amount requested based on both review results and available funds. Amount awarded will range between $500 to $1,000.
Please submit a short, simple video, no longer than four (4) minutes in length, addressing the questions listed below.
- Who are you? Introduce yourself and/or your organization.
- What is your project or material resource need? Explain your project or material resource, and how you determined there was a need for this project/item.
- Why are you excited about this project/resource? What is it going to make possible?
- How will you know the project/resource met the need you had intended for it to meet?
This video will not be assessed on the production quality of the video – please feel free to use the video function on your phone – it is the content of your answers to the questions that will be evaluated by the review panel.
Awardees are required to:
- Credit the Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona in all media materials used in connection with the funded project, including use of the Arts Foundation’s logo. (Example: “This program is partially funded by the Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona with funds from the City of Tucson and Pima County.”)
- Submit to the Arts Foundation, via a brief video, a short final report assessing the outcomes of the funding (no more than four (4) minutes in length). These will be submitted online through Submittable by the end of the fiscal year on June 28, 2019.
The Arts Foundation must be made aware of outstanding grant applications currently under consideration or recent awards for the same project.
If you have any questions about the application process or content of your proposal, please contact Natalia Gabrielsen, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or (520) 624-0595.
¿Le gustaría que se proporcionen las pautas en español?
¡El personal de Arts Foundation puede ayudar con eso! Por favor, comuníquese con Natalia Gabrielsen, a firstname.lastname@example.org o (520) 624-0595.