The Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona is administering the Theater Artists Emergency Fund with support from the Arizona Daily Star and the Artists Emergency Fund Committee, a community organized committee. The purpose of the community-advised fundraiser and resulting funds is to provide relief awards to theater workers in Southern Arizona, both full and part-time, in light of economic hardship due to cancellations arising from COVID-19 ongoing pandemic.
Granted awards will reimburse theater artists for loss of income in amounts up to $500 from March 1 through July 31, 2020. AFTSA anticipates need will outpace available funds and will continue to do what we can to support the arts community as the health crisis progresses.
Keep the house lights on at home and donate today!
The fundraising goal of $20,000 will help support individual theater artist professionals in Southern Arizona. The community led fundraising efforts will remain open through July 22, 2020.
If you would like to send a check instead of this online donation, please make the check payable to:
Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona
236 S. Scott Ave., Ste. 150, Tucson, AZ 85701
Memo: Theater Help
- Theater work accounts for over 1,000 full and part-time paid positions in Southern Arizona.
- Theaters have significant direct economic impact within Southern Arizona. In particular, salary and benefits, which go to local residents, and physical plant costs (repair, rent, etc.) which typically go to local businesses, are direct expenditures that benefit the local economy. Theaters invested nearly $16M dollars in direct expenditures in the most recent fiscal year.
The condensed deadlines outlined below are meant to get funding out for projects quickly. Please be sure to submit applications as soon as you can. We cannot accept late or incomplete applications. Applicants will be asked to fill out a brief set of questions, including contact information, demographics, and records relating to loss of income due to COVID-19.
Recipients will be asked to fill out a brief set of questions about the long-term impacts of COVID-19 on their work for a final report.
- Fundraising Period: Open through July 22, 2020
- Application Open: July 8, 2020
- Application Deadline: July 22, 2020
- Notifications Sent: August 6, 2020
- Funding Sent: August 14, 2020