Projects that highlight and enrich our region’s sense of place and the cultures that inform it.
Percent for Public Art
We coordinate project teams that oversee the production and installation of artwork in public facilities, transportation projects, neighborhood centers, and parks.
Percent for Art currently assigns one percent of capital improvement project budgets towards public art.
Since 1986, more than 300 public art projects have been completed in metropolitan Tucson and Pima County. Explore our public art map to find art in your neighborhood and visit these works in person!
Request for Proposals:
The Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona (Arts Foundation) is soliciting written proposals from qualified firms or individuals to inventory the City of Tucson’s existing public art collection and to evaluate the integrity of each art work, determine a triage list for maintenance or conservation, and assess the value of the work. For more information, click here.
Public art panels and committees
The Public Art and Community Design Committee oversees the process for the installation of all public artworks, beginning with a call to artists and culminating with the completion of the project.
The committee is comprised of seven members appointed by the Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona, five appointed by the Pima County Board of Supervisors, seven appointed by the Mayor and Council, and one each by the City Manager and County Manager Supervisor. The Chair is appointed by the Arts Foundation Board Chair.
The committee meets every second Wednesday of the month at 3:30 p.m., at:
The Pima County Housing Center, 801 W. Congress Street, Tucson AZ 85745.
Click here to view the calendar listings.
Public Art Committee
- Barbara Burstein, Chair - Arts Foundation Appointee
- Mathew Moutafis - Pima County District 1 Appointee
- Lucia Lagarda - Pima County District 2 Appointee
- Roberta Zelikow - Pima County District 3 Appointee
- Michelle Rouch - Pima County District 4 Appointee
- Alex Jimenez - Pima County District 5 Appointee
- Betty Villegas - City of Tucson Ward 1 Appointee
- Amy Wacker - City of Tucson Ward 2 Appointee
- Luke Knipe - City of Tucson Ward 3 Appointee
- Mel Dominguez - City of Tucson Ward 4 Appointee
- Alison Hughes - City of Tucson Ward 6 Appointee
- Maureen Lueck - County Administrator Appointee
- Dick Eggerding - Arts Foundation Appointee
- Lee Malaby - Arts Foundation Appointee
- Chris Tanz - Arts Foundation Appointee
- Kelly Huber - Arts Foundation Appointee
- Terry Chandler - Arts Foundation Appointee
- Darlene Showalter - Arts Foundation Appointee