Projects that highlight and enrich our region’s sense of place and the cultures that inform it.
Percent for Public Art
We coordinate and support project teams that oversee the production and installation of artwork in public facilities, transportation projects, neighborhood centers, parks and more.
Percent for Art currently assigns one percent of capital improvement project budgets over $100,000 toward public art.
Since 1986, more than 300 public art projects have been completed in metropolitan Tucson and Pima County. Explore our public art map to find art in your neighborhood and visit these works in person!
Additional Public Art Processes
Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona (AFTSA) oversees both the City of Tucson and Pima County’s Donations/Temporary Artwork process. This process facilitates the donation of artwork into the collection and also serves as the required steps and approval process for all temporary artworks proposed on city/county property. AFTSA also manages the Deaccession/Relocation process for the City of Tucson which addresses the removal or relocation of artworks within the city’s collection.
Public Art Donations for City of Tucson
The online Donation Form is to be completed by the person or entity requesting that a work of public art be donated to the City of Tucson. The Guidelines reference the City of Tucson’s Administrative Directive #7.01-6, Public Art Gifts, Acquisition and Donations. The purpose of the administrative directive is to develop a protocol for donated and privately funded art projects on public property. The process for accepting donations, temporary works of art, and privately funded projects must adhere to the guidelines.
The City of Tucson will consider accepting donations of artwork into the City’s public art collection and will consider siting privately funded projects on public property. The City will also consider accepting temporary works of art for display in City-owned facilities or on City-owned property. Any and all public art that is accepted into the City’s public art collection or sited on public property outside the Selection Policy described in Section 701-4, regardless of funding source, shall follow this policy.
Before proceeding, please read the full guidelines for this program.
Public art panels and committees
The Public Art and Community Design (PACD) Committee oversees the process for the installation of all public artworks, beginning with a call to artists and culminating with the completion of the project.
The committee is comprised of seven members appointed by the Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona, five appointed by the Pima County Board of Supervisors, seven appointed by the Mayor and Council, and one each by the City Manager and County Manager Supervisor. The Chair is appointed by the Arts Foundation Board Chair.
The committee meets every second Wednesday of the month at 3:30 p.m., at:
The Pima County Housing Center, 801 W. Congress Street, Tucson AZ 85745.
Click here to view the calendar listings.
Monthly PACD Meeting Schedule
|Wednesday, January 12, 2022||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, February 9, 2022||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, March 9, 2022||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, April 13, 2022||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, May 11, 2022||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, June 8, 2022||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, July 13, 2022||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, August 10, 2022||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, September 14, 2022||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, October 19, 2022||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, November 9, 2022||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, December 14, 2022||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic all PACD meetings will be held virtually via the ZOOM online meeting platform until further notice. Please click on the link below to access monthly agendas.
The committee meets every second Wednesday of the month at 3:30 p.m., via Zoom:
Public Art and Community Design Committee
- Alex Jimenez - Committee Chair, Pima County District 5 Appointee
- Sadie Shaw - Committee Co Chair, City of Tucson Ward 3 Appointee
- Vacant - City of Tucson Mayoral Appointee
- Maureen Lueck - County Administrator Appointee
- Anne Trumble - City of Tucson Manager Appointee
- Emily (Lily) Tate, Pima County District 1
- Mel Dominguez - Pima County District 2 Appointee
- Vacant - Pima County District 3 Appointee
- Marcelle Shillito - Pima County District 4 Appointee
- Felix Lawrence- City of Tucson Ward 2 Appointee
- Anne Lopez - City of Tucson Ward 4 Appointee
- Robert Clark - City of Tucson Ward 5 Appointee
- Janet Fischer - City of Tucson Ward 6 Appointee
- Vacant- Arts Foundation Appointee
- Jim Glock - Arts Foundation Appointee
- Kenna Smith- Arts Foundation Appointee
- Nancy Fung - Arts Foundation Appointee
- Vacant - City of Tucson Ward 1 Appointee
- Valerie Sipp - Arts Foundation Appointee
- Margaret Joplin- Arts Foundation Appointee
- Valerie Sanchez- Arts Foundation Appointee
- Staff: Wylwyn Reyes
- Staff: Ammi Robles
- CONVOCATORIA DE ARTE PÚBLICO PARA ARTISTAS: PUENTE DE GRANT ROAD
- PUBLIC ART CALL TO ARTISTS: GRANT ROAD OVERPASS
- SALUDARTE CONVOCATORIA DE ARTE PÚBLICO PARA ARTISTAS: INSTALACIONES TEMPORALES DE ARTE
- SALUDARTE CALL TO ARTISTS: TEMPORARY ART INSTALLATIONS