About the Public Art and Community Design Committee
The Public Art and Community Design (PACD) Committee is standing committee of the Arts Foundation composed of 21 voting members that participates in the development and implementation of the Public Art Plan and promotes the Public Art Program. The Public Art and Community Design Committee is composed of seven Mayor and Council appointees, one designee of the City Manager, five Pima County Board of Supervisors appointees, one designee of the County Administrator, and seven appointees of Arts Foundation.
The PACD Committee meets monthly on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 3:30 pm. At this time all meetings are conducted virtually via Zoom. Click Here to join PACD Zoom Meeting
Monthly PACD Meeting Schedule
|Wednesday, January 11, 2023||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, February 8, 2023||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, March 8, 2023||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, April 12, 2023||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, May 10, 2023||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, June 14, 2023||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, July 12, 2023||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, August 9, 2023||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, September 13, 2023||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, October 11, 2023||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, November 8, 2023||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, December 13, 2023||3:30 PM – 4:30 PM|
AT THIS TIME ALL MEETINGS ARE CONDUCTED VIRTUALLY
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic all PACD meetings will be held virtually via the ZOOM online meeting platform until further notice. Please click on the link below to access monthly agendas.
PUBLIC ART AND COMMUNITY DESIGN COMMITTEE
- Alex Jimenez – Committee Chair, Pima County District 5 Appointee
- Vacant – City of Tucson Mayoral Appointee
- Maureen Lueck – County Administrator Appointee
- Lara Somers – City of Tucson Manager Appointee
- Emily (Lily) Tate, Pima County District 1
- Mel Dominguez – Pima County District 2 Appointee
- Vacant – Pima County District 3 Appointee
- Vacant – Pima County District 4 Appointee
- Vacant – City of Tucson Ward 1 Appointee
- Felix Lawrence – City of Tucson Ward 2 Appointee
- Corinne Cooper – City of Tucson Ward 3 Appointee
- Anne Lopez – City of Tucson Ward 4 Appointee
- Robert Clark – City of Tucson Ward 5 Appointee
- Janet Fischer – City of Tucson Ward 6 Appointee
- Vacant- Arts Foundation Appointee
- Jim Glock – Arts Foundation Appointee
- Kenna Smith – Arts Foundation Appointee
- Nancy Fung – Arts Foundation Appointee
- Valerie Sipp – Arts Foundation Appointee
- Margaret Joplin – Arts Foundation Appointee
- Valerie Sanchez – Arts Foundation Appointee
- Wylwyn Reyes — Staff
- Abby Christensen — Staff
- Donna Issac — Staff
- Leticia Flores — Kaneen Communications
PACD COMMITTEE Purpose
Serving on this interagency committee is one way that our residents can participate in local government. Boards and Commissions typically serve in an advisory capacity to the City of Tucson and Pima County elected officials. In your role, you would be serving in the same capacity, while representing the Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona. The community benefits from the knowledge and expertise that volunteers bring to these Boards and Commissions.
Unless otherwise indicated, all board, committee, and commission members must be residents of Tucson or Pima County at the time of their appointment and for the full duration of their term.
In accordance with Resolution 15881 adopted by Mayor and Council, it is the policy of the City of Tucson that all appointments to City Boards, Committees, Commissions, Task Forces, and other such appointed bodies, be gender balanced and reflect the ethnic and racial compositions of the City. Therefore, all interested individuals are encouraged to apply.
PACD COMMITTEE MEMBER ROLE
The Arts Foundation Public Art and Community Design Committee::
1. Participates in the development of the Public Art Plan, recommend changes to the plan and oversee its implementation.
2. Conducts a program of community education for the Public Art Program in conjunction with public art staff.
3. Recommends professionals in the visual arts and design fields or others for Public Art Project Panels.
4. Participates in the public involvement process for each art project.
5. Constitutes subcommittees as appropriate to address pertinent public art issues.
6. Recommends policies to ensure the preservation of artworks that are purchased, commissioned, or received as donations.
7. Reviews and comments on gifts and donations in the areas of aesthetic qualities and appropriateness of the artwork; placement of the artwork; and maintenance, preservation and conservation implications.
8. Facilitates annual inventory and periodic conservation assessments of the public art collection.
9. Addresses the relocation and deaccession of artworks in the public art collection.
10. Establishes policies and guidelines appropriate to encourage financial contributions and facilitate the donation of quality artworks to the City.