The Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona and Arizona Commission on the Arts are proud to partner with Unlock Creative to sponsor the “Creative Flowers Professional Sistah Circle for Black Women Creatives in Arizona”.
- Accepting sign-ups on a rolling basis on until October 1, 2020
- Registration will be confirmed no later than October 7, 2020
The goals of the program are as follows:
- To offer Black women a nonjudgmental place where they can be their whole-self, ask hard, racially-based, and sometimes even embarrassing questions to further enhance the knowledge of the entire sister circle acumen of the creative sector.
- To offer a nurturing and supportive space that is also free from anti-blackness.
- To build community with one another and develop relations with peers so each woman knows she is not alone.
- Expand the network of participant peers at various stages of their careers and identify mentors. The Sistah Circle will gain practical resources to further learn about segments of the creative sectors and where to go for support.
Who Should Join the Circle?
As an open and loving place, we will let you identify if you feel the program is right for you. The creative sector includes the nonprofit, fine arts, and entertainment industry and is inclusive but not limited to visual arts, theater, dance, film, graphic design, animation, producing, composing, songwriting, sound engineering, museum management, costume design, lighting design, opera, and technical direction. To learn and curate as eclectic of a group as possible with the broadest network, we welcome all Black women creatives.
The program is being crafted for the following group of women.
- Arizona based Black Women interested in the creative sector
- Identify as an artist or arts administrator
- Interested in exploring a career in the creative sector
- Have a career in the Creative Sector in Arizona
- Curious to connect with other Black women and share learning
- Desire to engage in an intimate sister circle
Program Design & Dates
The cohort will meet weekly via video conference for one month. The following is an overview of the program dates. Individually, each participant will be supported to develop a Self-Investment Plan as part of their personal and professional
- Week 1: October 13, 2020 5-7 pm AZ / 6-8 CST / 8-10 EST
- Week 2: October 20: 5- 7 pm AZ / 6-8 CST / 8-10 EST
- Week 3: October 27: 5- 7 pm AZ / 6-8 CST / 8-10 EST
- Week 4: November 3: 5- 7 pm AZ | 5-7 CST| 7-9 EST
Back To Index