Dates to Remember
- March 28: Application Closes
- April 20 and 21: Yard Sign Pick Up at The YWCA
- April 22 through April 28: 2023 Open Studio Tours
Who is eligible to participate?
Open Studio Tours is open to all artists and entities who work in the arts and cultural sectors and live or work in the Arts Foundation’s service region across Southern Arizona. This includes:
- Pima, Santa Cruz and Cochise counties
- Southern portions of Pinal, Yuma, Greenlee, Graham, Maricopa County
- Native Sovereign Nations of Ak-Chin Indian Community, Sovereign Nation of the Cocopahs, Quechan Tribe of the Fort Yuma Indian Reservation, Gila River Indian Community, Pascua Yaqui Tribe, Tohono O’Odham Nation, San Carlos Apache Nation
- Joining Open Studio Tours offers a unique opportunity to engage with and support the vibrant artist community in Southern Arizona.
- As a member, you can participate in a dynamic and creative community dedicated to the development and preservation of support for the creation of artworks.
- By attending Open Studio Tours, you have the chance to meet and engage with local artists in their creative spaces, gaining insight into their creative processes and learning about the local artist workforce.
- As an artist, joining Open Studio Tours provides access to valuable resources and opportunities to showcase, develop and promote your original artwork in the community.
- By joining Open Studio Tours, you are contributing to the preservation and growth of the artist community in Southern Arizona
- Artists and arts and cultural entities are expected to be aligned with the Arts Foundation’s vision and mission.
- Artists are expected to be an active, positive contributor to a multidisciplinary, intergenerational, community of artists and arts organizations.
Open Studio Tours is an online community that encourages artists to showcase their work and engage with their peers. The platform is open to people of all ages and backgrounds, and it is our goal to create a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment for all participants, artists, attendees, and audiences.
- Share and showcase only content that you have the right to share. Do not share content that may reveal private personal information about individuals, or their private property, without permission.
- Promote and share work that is appropriate for diverse audiences. Open Studio Tours is a family-friendly event, and it is important to use discretion especially when it comes to nudity, sexuality, violence, and gore.
- Respect other participants, artists, attendees, and audiences. This means avoiding behavior that is rude, harmful, or offensive.
- Do not engage in any activity that may endanger your life or lead to physical harm. This includes, but is not limited to, suicide threats, intentional physical trauma, illegal use of drugs, illegal or dangerous consumption of alcohol, and dangerous or distracted driving.
Harassment, Bullying, and Threats:
- We do not tolerate content that involves hate speech, threats, or violence against race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities, or diseases. This type of behavior will not be tolerated and may result in immediate suspension or termination of your participation.
Open Studio Tours is a supportive community where artists can showcase their work, engage with their peers, and engage with their audiences. By following these Community Guidelines, you can help ensure that the platform remains a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment for everyone.
Open Studio Tours Artist FAQs
Does it cost anything to register for Open Studio Tours?
No, it is free to register and participate.